ZGP crystals possessing large nonlinear coefficients (d36=75pm/V), wide infrared transparency range(0.75-12μm), high thermal conductivity(0.35W/(cm·K)), high laser damage threshold (2-5J/cm2)and well machining property, ZnGeP2 crystal was called the king of infrared nonlinear optical crystals and is still the best frequency conversion material for high power, tunable infrared laser generation. We can offer high optical quality and large diameter ZGP crystals with extremely low absorption coefficient α < 0.05 cm-1(at pump wavelengths 2.0-2.1 µm), which can be used to generate mid-infrared tunable laser with high efficiency through OPO or OPA processes.
• Second, third, and fourth harmonic generation of CO2-laser.
• Optical parametric generation with pumping at a wavelength of 2.0 µm.
• Second harmonic generation of CO-laser.
• Producing coherent radiation in submillimeterrange from 70.0 µm to 1000 µm.
• Generation of combined frequencies of CO2- and CO-lasers radiation and other lasers are working in the crystal transparency region.
The standard ZGP crystal orientation is for type I phase matching at an angle of θ= 54° , which is suitable
for use in OPO pumped at wavelengths between 2.05um and 2.1um to generate mid-infrared output
between 3.0um and 6.0um. Custom orientations are available on request.
|Crystal Symmetry and Class||Tetragonal, -42m|
|Lattice Parameters||a = 5.467 Å|
|c = 12.736 Å|
|Optical Class||Positive uniaxial|
|Userful Transmission Range||2.0 um – 10.0 um|
|Thermal Conductivity @ T= 293 K||35 W/m∙K (⊥c) 36 W/m∙K ( ∥ c)|
|Thermal Expansion @ T = 293 K to 573 K||17.5 x 106 K-1 (⊥c) 15.9 x 106 K-1 ( ∥ c)|
|Surface quality S-D||20-10|
|Wedge/Parallelism error||<30 arc sec|
|Perpendicularity||<5 arc min|
|Transparency range||0.75 – 12.0|
|Non-linear coefficient||d36= 68.9 (at 10.6 um),d36= 75.0 (at 9.6 um)|